iPhones are made of high-quality material that makes them very durable. Not just that but it has several amazing features as well. iPhone is quite popular and many people prefer to have an iPhone at hand.If you are exactly someone who owns an iPhone then there must be some questions you have. For example: how to delete contacts on iPhone.
How to delete Contacts on iPhone ?
in this article we are going to learn exactly how to delete contacts on iPhone. Whether you want to delete single or multiple contacts on your iPhone, we will guide you through the process. Let’s see how to delete contacts on iPhone:
How to Delete a Single Contact on iPhone
This process is quite easy if you are interested in how to delete contacts on iPhone. You will be able to delete the contact through the green contacts app on your iPhone.
- First, tap to open the Contacts App.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see the “Contacts” button with a contacts icon in the middle, simply tap that.
- Now all the contacts list will appear on your screen. You just have to choose the contact you want to delete.
- Once you have chosen the contact you would like to delete, you will see an “Edit” button at the top-right corner of your contact’s profile. Tap the Edit button and you will be moved to a new window.
- A new window will show up and now you just need to scroll down and tap the “Delete Contact” button. this will delete that single contact.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone?
We have learned how to delete a single contact on iPhone but let’s now talk about how we can delete multiple contacts all at once. In this method, we will be using iCloud to delete multiple contacts. But first, you need to know how to save contacts on iCloud. Set up an iCloud account if you have not already. Once you sync all your contacts to iCloud, you will be able to have access to them from any account by just logging into your Apple iCloud account. Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to know how to delete contacts on iPhone:
How to Save Contacts on iCloud
- Go to the settings and tap on your Apple ID Profile pic to open it.
- Now after you tap your Apple ID of yours, a new section will appear where you will find the “iCloud” option. Tap iCloud.
- The iCloud menu section will come up and you will see the “Contacts” icon there with a toggle button. Tap that button and in a pop-up, you will be asked whether to merge your contacts or Cancel. Tap “Merge”.
- Finally, your contacts will be synced to your iCloud account.
How to Delete Contacts Through iCloud
Now that you know how to sync contacts to iCloud, it’s time to get back to how to delete contacts on iPhone all at once using iCloud. You need to have access to a computer for this process to work. Let’s get started:
- Go to the iCloud website, enter your Apple ID information and then log in.
- Once you are logged in to your iCloud account, click on the “Contacts”.
- Now the list of contacts section will appear. Select each contact one by one by holding the “Command” key if you are using MAC. And if you are using a PC then hold the “Ctrl” key and then select multiple contacts to delete.
- So when finally you have all the desired contacts selected, click on the “Gear” icon at the bottom-left of your screen. A pop-up will appear, and from there select “Delete”.
- A confirmation message will appear, again Choose “Delete”. This will delete the chosen contacts.
Delete All The Contacts at Once
If you want to delete every single contact all at once then follow the instructions we have mentioned on how to save the contacts to iCloud until the 2nd step.
- From there when you to the iCloud section in the settings, you will see that the Contacts button is toggled on.
- Tap the “Contacts” button, and you will see a pop-up asking what to do with your contacts.
- Simply tap “Delete from my Phone”. This will delete all the contacts from your device.