Acer is a renowned and famous brand for manufacturing different hardware components, laptops, PCs, and Chromebooks. Usually, Acer laptops, Chromebooks, and monitors are trending and have made better client retention. You are using an Acer laptop, and you like any picture, and there’s no option to save the image. So, you want screenshots of such an image and do not know how to screenshot on Acer laptop. We are here to guide you to screenshots on Acer laptops. We will mention how you can take screenshots on an Acer laptop in different ways, so keep reading!
Due to various reasons, you want to take screenshots on the laptop even on a gaming laptop. One main example is that you want to save any image or document, but you can’t save such an image/ document due to copyright issues. In this way, the legitimate and final solution is to take screenshots on Acer’s laptop. So, for how to screenshot on Acer laptop, you can follow the three main methods:
- MiniTool Video Converter
- Print Screen Key
- Snipping Tool
MiniTool Video Converter
With the Mini tool video converter, you can easily capture the videos displayed on the Windows and screenshot the different images. With this tool, you can edit screenshots or other photos. It’s convenient to use and free of cost. With the following steps, you can easily download and install the converter:
- From an authentic source, download the MiniTool video converter.
- Move across the converter to the storage folder where you want to save your converter. Then, double-click on the setup file.
- Click on the Install Now button to install software directly.
- Wait a few seconds to end and click on the Start Now button to launch the software.
The next step is how to capture your laptop’s screen using the tool. So, for this, you need to follow these steps:
- At the top, go to the screen record tab.
- You can find the record icon in the middle for opening the Mini tool screen recorder. Click on it.
- Now, choose the full screen and region by clicking on the down arrow.
- Now open the window you want to make a screen recording.
- At the right, click on the record button to start recording and wait for 3 seconds.
- When you want to stop, press the F6 key.
- To play the video, double-click on the recorded video.
You will get the recorded videos on the screen in MP4 settings. You can change it by clicking on the settings at the right (MiniTool screen recorder panel). So, with the abovementioned steps, you can easily record videos on Acer’s Windows 10 laptop.
Print Screen Key
You can find the Print screen key on the keyboard in PrtScn, Prt Scrn, PrtSc, Print Scr, etc. You can use these buttons specifically for taking screenshots. It is one of the most influential and accessible method to take screenshots on an Acer Windows laptop. But one major flaw is that you cannot edit your screenshot.
How to Screenshot on Windows 7 Acer Laptop?
You can take screenshots on a Windows 7 Acer laptop by pressing the PrtScn button. After that, you must paste this screenshot to the notepad or Word by pressing the Ctrl+V key. This way, your screenshot will be pasted to your Windows 7 Acer laptop’s Word or Notepad.
Steps to Screenshot on Windows 8 or 10 Laptop
If you have an Acer laptop with Windows 8 or 10 settings, use the above method for Windows 7 and manually save the image. But for Windows 10, you can screenshot most easily without any manual requirement.
- First, you need to look at what you want to capture.
- Press the Windows Plus Print screen for screenshots; the screenshot will be saved automatically.
- Go to the library and open the pictures folder to find the image.
- If your laptop doesn’t give you a screenshot after pressing the Print Screen key, then some Asus laptops come with the Fn key. So, in this way, you need to press both the Fn+PrtSc keys.
The snipping tool is a special built-in tool specially designed for taking screenshots. It is provided by Microsoft for different Windows users, not only for Acer laptops. You can easily open the snipping tool through:
- Press the Windows logo button on the keyboard to open the Startup menu.
- Click on the All Programs option.
- Expand the folder named ”Windows accessories”.
- You can see the snipping tool; click on it.
- Now, the snipping tool opens.
Steps to Take Screenshots Using the Snipping Tool
You may use the snipping tool manually by taking a screenshot on the laptop. You can use any one mode from these different modes after pressing Alt+M:
- Rectangular snip
- Full-screen snip
- Free-form snip
- Window snip
Here is how you capture the screen using the snipping tool:
- Go to the Window place, which includes the information you want to take a screenshot.
- You will see the New option in the top menu bar in the snipping tool. Click on it.
- Click and drag the mouse to the part where you want to take a screenshot.
- The screenshot will be displayed on the screen until you release the mouse button.
- To save the screenshot, click on the save as from the file option in the menu bar on the top or press ctrl+S.
How Can you Screenshot on the Acer Chromebook?
If you use the Acer Chromebook instead of the Acer laptop, then taking the screenshot procedure is different. You can easily take screenshots on an Acer Chromebook with two major keyboard combinations. Here’s how you do it:
- Find ctrl and show the show windows key. You will find show Windows key in the form of two vertical lines with a rectangle on the Acer Chromebook keyboard.
- Navigate to the windows you want to capture on your Acer’s Chromebook screen.
- Press both keys, cntrl+show windows, together to take the whole screen screenshot.
This article will be helpful for you on how to screenshot on Acer laptop with different methods in a detailed way. We discussed the three main methods to take screenshots on Acer’s laptop easily. Also, if you have an Acer Chromebook and don’t know how to take screenshots, we have got you covered!
Yes, you can follow the same methods for the HP laptop, as we discussed how to take screenshots on the Acer laptop.
You can take the screenshot on a Dell laptop by pressing the PrintScreen key. But few of the Dell models don’t have a PrtScn key, so in this way, you need to press the Fn or F10 key to take a screenshot.
Pressing the Windows logo key and PrtScn key simultaneously is the shortest key to take a screenshot. If your system doesn’t have the PrtScn key, you can use the Windows logo key+Fn+spacebar to take the screenshot.