The Apple Watch is a perfect fitness partner that provides you with meaningful health insights. You must be new to Apple watch or you may have never thought of silencing the Apple Watch. Well, in this article, we will learn exactly how to silence Apple Watch. There are quite a few ways to do it so just sit back and relax. Apple products are known for their fascinating features. You can find a lot of these features in your Apple Watch as well. Let’s get started:
Method 1: Silence your Apple Watch By Muting
When you mute your Apple Watch, it will silence the watch and you won’t be able to hear the notification sound or incoming call ring tone. Here is how to silence Apple Watch:
- In this step, you need to swipe up from the bottom of your Apple Watch’s screen to make the control center appear.
- Now tap the ⇒Bell icon you see in the control center and its Silent mode will be activated. The Bell icon will turn red afterward.
- The silent mode is now active but the alarm will still have the sound when you are charging your Apple Watch.
Now the silent mode is active but it still won’t disable the alarm and timers sound for your Apple Watch so you would have to go to the settings to disable them. Here are the instructions:
- Once you are inside the settings app, tap on the Sounds & Haptics option.
- Finally from Sounds & Haptics, switch the Haptic alerts off and you are good to go.
Method 2: Turn On Do Not Disturb
This is just another feature that will disable the sound of incoming calls and alerts overall. Here is how to silence Apple Watch using the “Do Not Disturb” feature:
- Do the same as we did in the first step of method 1: Swipe up from the button until the control panel shows up on your Watch’s screen.
- You will see the crescent moon in the control panel. Tap that moon and a new section will appear where you would have to choose for how long you want it to stay active.
- Once you select that your ⇒Do Not Disturb mode will be activated.
- Now after this mode is activated, you will see the moon icon at the center of your Watch’s screen.
Also Read: How to Check AirPod Battery
Method 3: Turn On Theater Mode
The theater mode puts your Watch on silent mode immediately and it also turns off the display. So if you raise your wrist, it won’t turn on the Apple Watch’s display this time around. Here is how to silence Apple Watch using the “Theater Mode”.
- Open the control center by swiping up your Apple Watch screen.
- Now you will find the button with the two masks icon, tap that button, and your theater mode will be activated.
- After that, you will see it turn orange and you will be able to spot the theater mode icon at the top of your screen.
The Theater mode does silence the Apple Watch but you would still receive the haptic notifications.
Method 4: Using the Cover to Mute feature
The ⇒Cover to mute feature silence the notifications and alerts. It does the same as every other feature we have discussed above except there is a catch. Once ⇒Cover to mute is enabled, you would have to cover the display of your Watch for 3 seconds, after that the silent mode will be activated. Here is how to do it:
- If would have to turn the ⇒Cover to mute feature off if you have not already. Go to the settings and then into the Sounds & Haptics.
- Now in the Sounds & Haptics option, enable the ⇒Cover to mute
- As we discussed, now you just need to cover the display for 3 seconds and your silent mode is active.