Like any other laptop brand, it is the same for the HP laptop. AirPods are Apple devices; many think you can only connect AirPods to Apple products. It’s not true, as you can easily connect AirPods to any Bluetooth device, even with an HP laptop. Do you want to connect your AirPods to the HP laptop and are confused about how to do it? We are here to guide you in detail if you want to know how to connect AirPods to HP laptop. We will share the methods on HP laptops’ Windows 10 & 11 for pairing the AirPods. Keep reading!
When you want to connect AirPods to any device, you can connect via Bluetooth. So, when you want to pair your AirPods to an HP laptop, turn on the Bluetooth, place your AirPods into pairing mode, and then try to connect. Once your HP laptop connects with your AirPods, it can again quickly reconnect when it’s in the range. After that, you can easily connect and disconnect the AirPods when you want.
We don’t know if you have Windows 10 or 11, so we will guide you on how to connect AirPods to HP laptop on Windows 10 & 11 separately. There’s no significant difference, but some steps differ in both Windows 10 & 11 setups so we will guide you in the form of steps.
For Windows 10
- Press the Windows Key + A to go to the Action Center. Also, you can find the Action Center button on the PC taskbar.
- In the action center, you can see the Bluetooth option; click on it.
- After right click on the Bluetooth option, then go to Settings.
- If the system’s Bluetooth is off, turn it On.
- Then select the option ”Bluetooth & other devices”.
- Select the Bluetooth.
- Open the AirPods case.
- On the AirPods case, Press and Hold the button.
- When you see white light flashes, then Release the button.
- From the discovered devices list, you can find your AirPods with the name. Select your AirPods.
- After that, wait for some time to pair the AirPods. When paired, then select Done.
For Windows 11
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- After clicking, you will see the different options; you need to click Settings.
- The system settings opened, then went on the Bluetooth & devices.
- If your Bluetooth is off, then On the system’s Bluetooth.
- Now your Bluetooth is operational, you want to Add a new device to your Bluetooth.
- Put your AirPods in the case and then open the case.
- On the AirPods, you see a button. Press & hold this button for a few seconds.
- When you see a white light appears on the PC case, Release the button. You can find this light on the front or inside the case.
- Now, again select the Bluetooth option.
- Wait for some time; then, you can see your AirPods in the Bluetooth list. When it appears, connect it.
- When you confirm that the connection is established, then Done.
How Can You Use AirPods With the HP Laptop? (Windows 10 & 11)
Using the AirPods with the HP laptop is different from connecting AirPods to the HP laptop. After joining the AirPods to an HP laptop, you want to switch the video outputs if you’re going to listen to any music or other audio. Maybe, you don’t need to do it, and after some time, it automatically happens. But if you face any issues, you can do it manually when you don’t hear any sound from the AirPods. You will only see the Speaker/ Headphone (Realtek) in the HP laptop. You can get the AirPods connectivity when you switch from any audio options.
For Windows 10
You can use your AirPods with the Windows 11 HP laptop through some of the following steps:
- Place your AirPods out of the case.
- On the laptop taskbar, select the speaker icon.
- Go to the dropdown menu.
- Select AirPods (Headphones). Now you can use your AirPods.
If your AirPods start working after the first step, then the remaining three steps are not for you. It only helps when your laptop doesn’t switch the other audio outputs.
For Windows 11
For Windows 11, there’s not a major difference. Let’s see how you can use AirPods on the HP laptop Windows 11:
- Put your AirPods out of the case.
- From the taskbar, click on the Speaker icon.
- After that, select > icon to the right (volume control). If the Bluetooth is off, turn it on.
- From the device list, select your AirPods.
- When the AirPods are selected, you can use it and are connected. Now, you can listen to anything on your HP laptop, Windows 11.
If your AirPods start working after placing AirPods out of the case, then you don’t need to perform the last four steps. These steps are shared if your laptop will not automatically switch the other audio outputs.
Troubleshooting Tips When AirPods Won't Connect
If your AirPods didn’t connect to the HP laptop, then there’s an issue with the AirPods or Bluetooth. Following are the troubleshooting tips when you face any problems when linking AirPods to an HP laptop.
1. Check Bluetooth Functionality:
When your AirPods do not connect to the HP laptop, the first issue may be your Bluetooth not working. For this, check whether any other Bluetooth device is working or not. If it doesn’t work, there’s an issue with your HP laptop’s Bluetooth connectivity support. Try to resolve this issue.
2. Update Bluetooth Driver:
Another issue is that your Bluetooth drivers are out of date. Due to this reason, you mayn’t connect your AirPods to the HP laptop. So, update your Bluetooth drivers so that you can use the AirPods.
3. Check the Case Flash Light:
If your AirPods didn’t connect, check whether AirPods are in pairing mode. You can easily check it through the AirPods casing white flashlight. If it turns on or blinks, your AirPods are in pairing mode.
4. Enabling the Bluetooth:
Sometimes your laptop’s Bluetooth is not enabled, so make sure it’s enabled on your laptop. For this, please turn off the Bluetooth and enable it with the AirPods in case. After that, open the AirPods case, detach the AirPods, and check whether it connects.
5. Enabling the AirPods:
Sometimes, the AirPods are connected to the HP laptop but not enabled. It means that it does not show the audio output device. If the above tips won’t work, go to the sound control panel and set the AirPods as the default audio.
So, our guide on how to connect AirPods to HP laptops ends here with helpful insights and valuable information. We hope you can now easily understand the procedure of connecting and using the AirPods to HP laptops. Also, please read our guide on the hp pavilion and hp gaming laptops. You may want an HP gaming laptop, and you will find it.
What’s the procedure to connect AirPods to Mac?
First, you open the AirPods case and press and hold the button in the case until the white light flashes. Now on the Mac, click on the system preferences, go to the Bluetooth, and click on the Devices list; now select the AirPods.
Can AirPods be used on the PC?
You can easily use your AirPods with the PC via Bluetooth connectivity support.
Why won’t my HP laptop show AirPods on Bluetooth?
There may be low battery, update issues, Bluetooth problems, and debris on the AirPods. So, before connecting AirPods to an HP laptop, ensure that your AirPods don’t have such issues.