You are an ASUS laptop owner who wants to take screenshots on the Asus laptop but doesn’t know how to screenshot on Asus laptop. There’s no need to worry because we are here to guide you on easily taking the screenshot. In this article, we will explore the possible ways to take screenshots easily. All the methods mentioned in this article are valid; you can go for the best and most convenient. Keep reading to explore the different ways to take screenshots on Asus’s laptop.
When you want screenshots on an Asus laptop, there are only two effective ways. The first recommended way is to use Snagit for taking screenshots on an Asus laptop, and it’s the recommended way. If you want a quality level Asus gaming laptop at an affordable price then please read our guide on Asus gaming laptop.
The second way is to take the screenshot through the Windows screenshot feature. It’s free but only for a limited period. Let’s discuss both methods in detail.
1. Use the Snagit App
The first recommended method is using the Snagit to take screenshots on the Asus laptop. It’s a screenshot software through which you can edit images and record screen videos. You can use Snagit for image editing purposes, too, after taking the screenshot. You can easily use the Snagit to take screenshots by following some of these steps:
- First, download and install the Snagit.
- After that, sign it to Snagit after running it. After that, click on the capture button.
- Click on the area you want to take a screenshot by dragging it. After that, release the mouse button.
- Now, you can see the camera icon, click it, and capture the selected area.
- On the Snagit editor pop-up, you can easily edit the screenshot.
- After editing, you need to save your screenshot by pressing Ctrl+S on the keyboard.
2. Through Windows Screenshot Feature
With the second method, you can take the screenshot on the Asus laptop through the Windows screenshot feature. This method lets you easily capture screenshots of the different screen areas. In this, you can take a screenshot of the whole screen, a screenshot of only the active Window, and a custom screenshot. Let’s discuss these in detail.
1) Whole Screen Screenshot
If you want to take whole screen screenshot on your ASUS laptop, then you can do it in two different ways:
- Press PrtSc key
- Press the Windows logo key plus the PrtSc key
Let’s discuss these in detail to know about taking the whole screen screenshot.
Press PrtSc Key
To take the whole screen screenshot, you need to press the PrtSc key. Then paste it into the paint section, and after that, save it. Here are some of the steps:
- From the Asus laptop, press the PrtSc key. After pressing the key, the whole screen will be copied on your clipboard.
- Go to the Windows logo key, and search the paint. In the search results, you will see the paint; open it by clicking on it.
- Paste your screenshot into the paint program by pressing Ctrl+V on the keyboard.
- After that, save it by pressing Ctrl+S. Your screenshot will be saved.
Press the Windows Logo Key Plus the PrtSc Key
If there is a Windows 8 or 10 on your ASUS laptop, it will be easy to take the whole screen screenshot. With the following steps, you take the screenshot:
- On the Asus laptop’s keyboard, press the PrtSc key and the Windows logo key simultaneously to take the whole screen’s screenshot.
- To view the screenshot, go to the pictures folder in the laptop’s C drive.
- If you want to edit your screenshot, paste it into the paint program. In the paint program, you can change the effects, write, and make other adjustments.
2) Active Windows Screenshot
The next way in the Windows screenshot feature is to take a screenshot of the active Windows. You can do it:
- First, you need to active your Windows by clicking anywhere on the Window.
- Now, press the Alt+prtSc key simultaneously to take the screenshot.
- Click on the Windows logo key and open the paint program.
- To paste the screenshot into the paint program, press ctrl+V from the keyboard to paste it.
- On the keyboard, press Ctrl+S to save the screenshot into the laptop.
3) Custom Screenshot
It’s the last way to take the screenshot in the Windows screenshot feature. In this, you can take the screenshot on your Asus laptop in the following two ways:
Use Snipping Tool
You may use the laptop’s built-in snipping tool to take the Asus laptop’s custom screenshot. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the snipping tool by searching from the Windows logo icon on the toolbar.
- On the snipping tool, click on the New.
- Click and drag the area on the laptop of which you want to take a screenshot. Then, release the mouse.
- Click the save snip icon in the pop-up window to save the custom screenshot.
If there’s a Windows 10 on your Asus laptop and you want to take a custom screenshot through the keyboard. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo, Shift, and S simultaneously on the laptop’s keyboard.
- After that, click & drag your mouse to choose the area you want for the screenshot. Now, release the button.
- Open the paint program and paste the screenshot to edit it by pressing Ctrl+V.
- After editing the screenshot, press the Ctrl+S to save the screenshot.
We hope this article will be helpful for you and that you have enough ideas to take screenshots on Asus’s laptop. You can use different keyboard shortcuts, tools, recorders, and screenshot software to make the screenshots. It’s up to you which method and way you want to adapt for taking screenshots on Asus’s laptop. Go for the one which is convenient for you. Now we have covered you in detail on how to screenshot on Asus laptop.
You can select the Windows logo key and the PrtScn button together. If your system doesn’t have the PrtScn button, you can use Fn, Windows logo (key), and space bar to take screenshots.
If the Chromebook has no screenshot key, you may press Shift plus control plus show Windows. If the external keyboard doesn’t have the show windows key, press Shift plus control plus F5.
If you want to take scrolling screenshots, you can use different programs like Picpick, Nimbus Screenshot Guru, etc.